I thought it was about time to mention some of our motivation for constructing and cultivating a garden like Amyitis. I hope that as people become interested in the project that they simultaneously become familiar with our intentions, our inspiration, and what has educated us. With any luck, our work here may become an inspiration to others wanting to make a conscious change in their community and our environment.
- We are becoming a community resource. By having Amyitis attached to a local restaurant we are becoming a source of information for the community.
- We have control over what we produce and what goes into it. We don't use petrochemicals or chemical fertilizers.
- We are beginning to invite volunteers to help us, making Amyitis an educational tool.
- We have created new green space.
- We have taken a small step towards sustaining ourselves.